Thursday 23 August 2012

Charming fishing Village of Villefranche, Cote d Azur, France



© Copyright Millie Brown 2012

Villefranche sur mer situated on the South East coast of France (the Cote d'Azur) is a true gem. Nestled on the shores of a deep harbour between the city of Nice and the beautiful small town and Peninisula of St Jean Cap Ferrat, it has the sea at it's feet and the mountains at it's back.

Unique for it's charm and beauty, the fishing village of Villefranche has seemingly not suffered the over development that some of the larger towns have along this coastline.


© Copyright Millie Brown 2012

I fell in love with this village many, many years ago, and whenever I am here as I am currently, there is simply nowhere else in the world I would rather be.

Each morning I open my shutters to the smell of freshly baked bread and croissants, grab my beach bag and head along the cobbled streets to the beach for my early morning swim.

The refreshing waters of the mediterranean ready me for the heat and humidity of the day, (with every day seemingly hotter than the previous one), it's August after all.  Then I selfishly find myself counting down the days until many of the 'others' will leave and head back to their homes for la rentrée  leaving me with more of Villefranche.....(guilty as charged)!



© Copyright Millie Brown 2012


© Copyright Millie Brown 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...